The Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) has set the stage for an exciting line-up of extravaganzas, with a series of signature night-time events and unveiling the new “Hong Kong Night Treats” dining vouchers for visitors. With a series of nightlife happenings taking place citywide from now to New Year, these events are looking to captivate visitors of diverse interests to revel in the city’s vibrant nightlife.
Elevate the nighttime fun with monthly round-up of events that are taking place citywide
- “Hallo” Hong Kong Halloween: Look out for adorable Halloween friends across Hong Kong! Smiley pumpkins, mischievous spirits and candy pops will show up in different corners of Hong Kong, creating a joyful Halloween experience for visitors. From October 15, visitors can take photos with the whimsical and creative Halloween-themed décor at HKTB visitor centres, MTR stations, sight-seeing transport facilities and various hot spots across the city.
Visitors are also in for more surprises as some of Hong Kong’s signature attractions are joining in the Halloween fun, from Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and Sky100 to LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong and more! And for visitors who love the hair-raising fun, brace for a thrilling adventure at the Ocean Park Halloween Fest 2023 from September 15 to October 31, 2023! Get transported to the spine-tingling realm of School of Unending Horror, where six haunted houses of different themes, multiple performances and diverse family-friendly attractions will set the heart pounding.
- The Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival: The much anticipated “Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival” will return to the Central Harbourfront from October 26 to 29, 2023 after a five-year hiatus. This year’s edition will not only continue the tradition of bringing together fine wine from around the world, including 36 countries, such as France and Italy, but also introduce wines from emerging regions, such as Finland. The event will boast nearly 300 booths showcasing global food and wine offerings, as well as a suite of interactive workshops led by celebrity chefs – He Jiansheng from Shunde, Guangdong and award-winning Taiwanese baker Wu Pao-chun, for food lovers of all ages. Eligible overseas visitors will also receive a free cocktail on arrival.
- Taste Around Town: An extension from the Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival, HKTB will join hands with more than 300 bars and restaurants in Hong Kong to launch the “Taste Around Town” campaign in November, taking participants on a day-to-night journey through Hong Kong’s world-renowned bar and dining culture. The programme will once again feature the well-received “Chinese Master Chefs’ Curation”, with local tastemakers cooking up classic dishes with fresh creativity. Alternatively, locals and visitors can explore the unique Hong Kong bar-hopping experience. At the same time, special menus will be offered at popular restaurants across the city to hype up the dining ambience.
- Hong Kong WinterFest: Hong Kong has one of the most exhilarating Christmas vibes in Asia. In November, the popular “Hong Kong WinterFest” will be celebrated with the giant Christmas tree adorning Victoria Harbour, making it a must-visit Christmas photo spot, brimming with a joyous aura.
- Open-Top Bus Night Tour: Visitors to Hong Kong can enjoy a special offer for an open-top bus night tour, to experience the city’s enchanting nighttime beauty. From November 2023 to January 2024, visitors can purchase a HK$20 ticket at bus terminals for an unforgettable journey on one of three designated routes after 6pm. These routes will take passengers through popular attractions and iconic landmarks on Hong Kong Island and in Kowloon, providing a captivating glimpse of the city’s night scenery.
- Clockenflap: Hong Kong’s biggest international outdoor music and arts festival is primed to deliver an unforgettable night of entertainment. This major international outdoor event, taking place at Central Harbourfront from December 1 to December 3, 2023, features an impressive lineup boasting an eclectic and diverse array of internationally acclaimed acts to regional and local artists including PULP, Joji, Yoasobi, Caroline Polachek, and IDLES.
- Hong Kong New Year Countdown Celebrations: The year will culminate in the countdown celebrations featuring spectacular fireworks display across Victoria Harbour. Usher in 2024 and send greetings to the world amidst the scenic harbour views.
Indulging visitors with nighttime shopping experience
Extended opening hours are taking effect across major malls in Hong Kong, transforming the shopping landscape into a haven for night owls and hardcore shoppers alike. This extension provides the ideal opportunity to indulge in retail therapy well into the evenings.
Treating visitors’ tastebuds with “Hong Kong Night Treats” dining vouchers
In addition to these exciting events, HKTB will introduce “Hong Kong Night Treats” dining vouchers for visitors, diversifying its promotions to celebrate Hong Kong’s pulsating nightlife and attract visitors to revel in the city’s after-dark excitement.
Starting November and continuing through the season, one million free “Hong Kong Night Treats” dining vouchers, each valued at HK$100, will be distributed to visitors. These vouchers can be redeemed for a HK$100 discount on food and drinks at participating bars and restaurants after 6pm.
For more information and to stay updated on all the exciting nighttime activities in Hong Kong, please visit Night Vibes HK.
 *HKTB will continue distributing “Hong Kong Goodies” vouchers until October 31, 2023. Beginning November 1, 2023, “Hong Kong Goodies” distribution will be discontinued and replaced by the “Hong Kong Night Treats” vouchers.
Press release distributed by EloQ Communications.